Investing.com — President Donald Trump said the United States would impose 25% on tariffs on imported goods from Canada and Mexico as soon as Saturday.
The president flagged a trio of issues including inadequate border control to stem the flow of illegal immigration as well as fentanyl drugs coming into the country and the large U.S. trade deficits with both countries.
Trump also said he would decide on Thursday night whether oil imported from both countries would be subject to the tariffs.
US500 4 HOUR CHART –    Still consolidating

Still consolidating within 5900-6100 where 6000 will dictate the tone, currently finds support while above it. .
Needs to regain 6070-80_ to piu the 6118 high on the radar.
Anything else but a new high would either be a disappointment or more consolidation.
This is perfectly 7pm Nigerian time, and the gold (xau/usd) has just spoken. This is another buy. Looking at the hourly chart. the candles are well set for a buy. the just formed candle is heading long while the candle that formed an hour before then (5pm) closed at 2788. Now as I said, the direction of the last candle dictates where the trend is going.

The 7pm candle was a buy candle and suggests continuing buy bias. I think the gold will hit 2797 at least before retracing. It has begun going long as i speak so a few pips is good and I will be exiting at 2797. Do not be greedy. A little pip at a time is good. Don’t risk more than 2-5% of your capital at a time. I will see you soon. This is my analysis.
Thanks,
TOPNINE.
This is 5pm Nigerian time and GOLD (XAU/USD) is having a swell time climbing high. Shat started as a slow climb early this mornig at price 2758.62 has slowly and consistently climbed to the all high 2796.59 currently and will still go higher.
the cascading and upward alignment of the last 6 candles on the 30′ chart shows the buying power is muuch and will continue in that direction for a while. price will get to at least 2802.51 before it retraces in my opinion. A culmiation of NEWS since yesterday plus today’s monetary policy statememt at 2;15PM WITH THE unemployment claims that was released at 2:30pm has directed the gold in the same direction.
I forsee stronger buys at least in the interim. I will take a buy from its current position and exit at 2802 for a few pips.

Thanks,
TOPNINE.
So now that lagarde’s ECB burped as expected I am looking at
US 10-YR 4.512%
Bund 10-YR 2.503%
UK 10-YR 4.544%
and the diference
then I also note that we are at month-end BUT so far I am not discerning any substantial shuffling of position mix
then I also note that president Trump may or not issue some spamkings to misbehaving Canada and arrogant Mexico
sooo, I am thinking degenerate traders are likely to wait n see over-the-weekend developments
I am biased but this time around I prefer to be on the conservative side about eurdlr
as I dont see much of a bull rally seeing as every dick and harry (and mary) are loaded long dollar from here to yingyang. If anything I d prefer eurdlr loose say a 100 pips from the current 104.3x
Pending Home Sales miss on downside… little reaction in bonds…no follow throiugh on USD data downtick,,… srocks backed off…..see our Econoimic Calendar
© 2024 Global View
