Like the short as well around here 9105 JP, UsdChf…regarding Summers, he is both highly intelligent but also quite tethered to his opinions even when others disagree. I think the sudden employ shock is a bad recipe though, surely there can be other ways to tame inflation, taming debt might be one little idea.
USDJPY DAILY CHART… IF I WAS THE BoJ…

Break of 152.99 has not gone far and this suggests the 153 level will be pivotal.
Now I have been writing about the BoJ looking at the same technicals as we do. In this regard, it would ideally like to see USDJPY get to 150,24, (I am using a daily chart to show what supports lie below)…but
I am not in the BoJ’s shoes but I would be wary of going to the well too often and leave the threat of another surprise attack to keep USDJPY below 155.
With all that said, this is a Friday and this often sees one-way markets as the week draws to a close. Much depends on US data but that is for a discussion later on.
I do agree that the FED is watching job , I do not agree that “it” (the FED or Job Market ?) is difficult to read.
The Fed Is Eyeing the Job Market, but It’s Difficult to Read
Fed officials are watching labor trends as they contemplate when to cut rates. But different measures are telling different stories – By Jeanna Smialek in NYT
The different this and different that is they are only tryinng to confuse and beduffle the trading peasant and to keep the FED obscure.
refer to earlier Larry Summers reference to Sacrifice Ratio
BTC Daily
Oh my, oh my….do we have some natural channels on BTC – I wasn’t expecting this.
55.700 – if it proves a real support, I will start believing that BTC might become a real currency after all…
Even if it breaks….as long as it stays within the parameters.
This is the reason for me to place it on my Daily watch list.

EURUSD 4 H – Update
This is the third week that we are starting the day with one outlook, just to close it with an opposite one.
Seems as the Bulls and the Bears are just waiting for some data to try to use it to prove their point.
Personally, I couldn’t care less about data and/or interest rates, news and rumours .
It is enough to determine what might happen next few hours , based on 4h chart, and then switch to 30 min and wait for appropriate signal.
Right now, I have to  tell you that the picture is changing – once again – The pattern calls for a push Up.
Bare in mind that unless 1.07350 and subsequently 1.07550 are taken out, we can have any pattern we like, but we ain’t gonna go higher.
This is not rectangle ( yet ), this is not the range trading ( waves are too short ) – this is some kind of Sideways to Up …a bit….so take it as it comes and do not try to predict bigger picture.

BTC 4 HOUR CJART – WHAT IS THE NEW RANGE?

I asked this question the other day whether the new range for BTC would be 50-60K or 55-65K?
So, far it has paused above 55K so let’s see if it can print 60K.
This is more of a macro than a technical view but in this crypto, it is a way to make some sense out of the way it trades.
For the bull side, it first needs to re-establish above 59075.
GBPUSD DAILY CHART – 1.25 PATTERN

Similar to the EURUSD 1.07 pattern cited earlier GBPUSD has extended its pattern trading on either side of 1.25 to 6 days in a row today.
Over this period there have been”
3 closes above 1.25
2 closes below 1.25
As I noted in EURUSD, the longer this pattern goes on the greater the chance of a directional move once it is broken.
Note today GBPUSD traded lower, helped by GBPJPY selling but the GBPUSD sell part was more easily absorbed than the USDJPY selling out of the cross (same for EURUSD selling more easily absorbed).
THIS WAS OUT EARLIER. HOPE OR A VIEW?
“The new emerging consensus from Wwll Street c-suite is that Powell wants to cut rates by September” according to Fox’s Gasparino.
Source: Newsquawk.com
My note on worker productivity is for the overall, not this report which moderated. Gbp should inevitably begin pricing in Fed rate cut in the near future and target 2800 in my view. Price activity is the sell side this morning but the complementing issues are bid, which is why I am selling euro but trying to position long in Gbp.
WHEN YOU SEE TWO CURRENCIES TRADE IN OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS VS. THE USD YOIU CAN ASSUME THERE ARE CROSS FLOWS DRIVING THE MARKET.
NOTE TODAY USDJPY IS DOWN, AND EURUSD AND GBPUSD ARE BOTH LOWER.
As explained in the following…
How You Can Use Currency Crosses to Trade Spot Forex

© 2024 Global View
