US CPI FORECAST… See our Economic Data Calendar
NEWSQUAWK US OPEN
USD softer ahead of US CPI, Gilts gap higher on cooler UK inflation
Good morning USA traders, hope your day is off to a great start! Here are the top 4 things you need to know for today’s market.
4 Things You Need to Know
Stocks hold modest gains, FTSE 100 outperforms post-CPI; US bank earnings due.
DXY lower ahead of US CPI, GBP resilient in the wake of soft inflation metrics, JPY leads.
Gilts inflated by CPI, JGBs dented by Ueda & USTs await CPI.
Choppy trade in crude while precious metals tilt higher and base metals trade mixed.
With USD highs set on Monday, it pays to reviswt this article in our blog
This is a term I coined to identify a forex trading pattern that I watch out for each week. I call it the Monday Effect and when it plays it, there are usually significant moves in the market. So, you need to be aware of the Monday Effect, which I reveal in the following article…
USDJPY 4 HOUR CHART – WAITING FOR US CPI AND MORE

Trying to build some downward momentum… if the 156.91 break holds, risk is for 155.94-156.22… if it fails to hold, magnetic 158 remains in focuS
Combination of verbal intervention and selling ahead of the BoJ meeting next week.,,,focus next is on US CPI
Alphabet Inc. – Google
Google’s stock behaves technically by the book – which can’t be said for their everyday operations ( it sucks big time)
We have here now the double top, so deeper correction should be on it’s way.
First target down there is around 170.00 ( can give up to 160)
Overall Google is stock “to buy” on a decent dip and for a long time…

Meta Platforms Inc.
Meta is comfortably lulled in this Up trend channel, and there is not a single reason to believe at this point that something will dramatically change.
Lower trend line comes at 540.00 and upper one at 705.00 – lots of space between the two , so those playing with cfd’s can take the advantage of it

EURUSD:- There may be small short term profit opportunities for this pair no doubt but the big opportunities to short this pair will come when euro tests 1.12 for parity or close enough to it to say the least. I’ll check it out tomorrow and post my forecast then.
*Note* I have been making medium to long term forecasts in recent times as the short term daily movements are not really worthy of forecasting (or even worth trading) in my humble opinion… I prefer to make a long throw from the other side of the football field into a basketball sized hoop if you know what I mean…
EURUSD 4h
Supports : 1.02650, 1.02350 & 1.02050
Resistances : 1.03050, 1.03400 & 1.03750
Just for a moment leave aside all these numbers and look at 1.03500 as a kind of pivotal.
Pattern wise – we will be looking at more Up attempts in next 24h , and depending on the level EUR can reach we’ll know are we going to test 1.01800 again.
Everything below 1.03500 is in favour if it, but if above things might change.

So What to expect from The Crypto World – BTC ?
Last two months of the previous year saw some extraordinary developments when it comes to Crypto currencies – Coins.
We have witnessed some mind-boggling rallies on Bitcoin, and all eyes have been glued to its performance.

XAUUSD:- My forecast on Gold is below:
There is strong support for Gold @ $2308.00 and stiff resistance @ $3000.40.
The near term flash points are at $2654.20 & $2677.28 respectively.
I expect a lot of profit taking at $3000.40 and a strong collapse from that level at see some buying at $2654. Any short breaches above $3000.40 level can be shorted for humongous returns. At $2308 I expect to see massive buying by central banks around the world. However, if the momentum is stronger at $3000.40 then I’ll redo my analysis and update it accordingly.
GL GT
© 2024 Global View
