XAUUSD 4 HIOUR CHART

I was asked to post an XAUUSD chart so here goes as well…
The bounce from solid 2145 support has broken 2172, suggesting an end to the retracement.
However, as the chart shows there is still layers of resistance *blue) ahead of the 2195 key high.
Looking at this chart, support is at 2164-72, which needs to hold to keep the focus on 2195 and away from 2145.
BTC 4-HOUR
CHART
I was asked to post a BTC chart so here foes.
The retracement has so far failed to test 60000 and a key support below it.
Going strictly by AT technicals, 65786 )blue line) and the trendline would need to be broken to confirm an end of the retracement.
Otherwise, retracement risk lingers.
To give some perspective to the importance of who heads the SNB following Jordan who was a strong advocate of currency management, in 2022 the SNB sold foreign currencies worth 22.3 bio CHF. In 2023 under Jordan’s strong CHF policy they sold 132.9 bio chf of foreign currencies (buying CHF). Any step back from the strong CHF policy should have a super size impact….
SNB HIGHLY unlikely to move on rates tomorrow. Meeting speculation centers around whether a successor to Jordan will be named tomorrow. Which is also probably unlikely but fwiw thats the talk…
With BoJ making a move on rates I think it gave the market less concern over intervention, so Amman’s assessment earlier may be spot on as he usually is. I am just not touching longs in UsdJpy because anything overly aggressive to the upside could put the “I” word back in play. I’m in crosses only pre-Fed.
10-yr 4.287
FOMC and jerome’s yak
–
Unlikely that we will see anything different than 5.5% and anything different than 75bps from their famous dot plot.
the FOMC-ers will goad jerome to whine about some stickiness in inflation and potential for a bit of a rise BUT – on the other hand – offset that with optimism about lower growth and ouch ouch out shed a tear lower jobs.
Are players positioned for a hawkish jerome ? There-in lies the bet, especially if jerome comes out and be perceived by players even minutely leaning towards easing, even if just not yet.
Lets see IF I can make some moolah off a communication breakdown (cue Led Zeppelin)
What there seems to be especially in eur/usd and to some degree gbp/usd is a lack of desire to commit. The weaker links (jpy and chf) are easier to punch down on so there in lies the path of least resistance. That said I don’t get the feeling there are that many people that have been short jpy for months or even weeks…..
I think Fed stays data dependent and not influenced by elections either way. History since 1980 supports this.
Since data has tended to come stronger than not, there shouldn’t be any urgency from the Fed to start the cutting cycle.
I would however expect a high degree of coordination between the Fed and the Treasury on managing federal cash flow….
USDJPY WEEKLY CHART – Major RResistance In Sight

There is only one level worth noting in USDJPY, the major resistance at 151.92
A break above this level would leave a blank on charts so use magic levels (152, 155, etc) as potential targets.
So it is a case of boom or bust at 151.92. If I were in the BoJ’s shoes, I would have 2 choices: defend 151.92 or let it run through 152 and then come in covertly to smack it back down but its shoes are too big for me to fill.
Whatever the case, watch 152 as this will dictate whether there is a run at 153.50 and 155.00 or form a range to 150.00.
© 2024 Global View
